OUR COMMITMENT TO A
At the Winder Foundation, we commit to doing our part to restore balance in our world. We believe there are solutions to the social, financial and environmental challenges that are dramatically affecting our planet and our lives. When adults proactively engage young people in lifting their learning, energy and consciousness, we take an important step in solving these issues and becoming wise stewards of our Earth’s resources. Together, we can make our world a loving and healthy place for ourselves and the next generations.
Everyone at the Winder Foundation is committed to protecting the planet and caring for people.
- We use an eco-design strategy in all our programs and services
- We reduce waste and buy green products whenever possible.
- To reduce global warming emissions, we recycle, re-use or reduce paper, plastic and glass.
- We are a virtual organization without use of an office building.
- We employ local people whenever possible.
- Any outside printing is done at printing shops that adhere to FSC-standards (www.fsc.org).
- We say no to plastic, by using cloth bags.
- We use compact fluorescent lights (CFLs).
- As we leave the office, we switch off all lights, heaters and equipment at the wall.
- We opt for washable, reusable food and drink containers.
- Our offices use eco-friendly insulation, bio-paints and passive solar heating.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning products and do not use air conditioning.
- We compost, plant trees and use native plants for landscape.
- When we travel, we use a carbon offset plan.
- To reduce air pollution and petrol use, we encourage phone meetings, carpooling, public transport and organizing multiple meetings in a day.
- We are actively involved in other sustainability organizations.
- We encourage our supporters, alliances and providers to adopt sustainable practices.
- We find needy homes or other charitable organizations for things we no longer need.