VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
The Winder Foundation understands that a new social landscape is emerging – one which our young people will have a large role in shaping – and so we support children, youth and families, with a special focus on boys.
The Foundation was formed out of deep concern for our global crisis, and in particular for the surge of social breakdown in New Zealand and worldwide. The root causes of human and social ‘unsustainability’ not only affect our children today, but have vital impact on the health and wellbeing of our planet and on future generations. Pressing issues such as educational disparity, poverty and poor health, violence and child abuse know no boundaries. Our work takes its place alongside other community organizations, and educational and child advocacy groups who care for the welfare of the young and the future of our world.
We believe our children hold the seeds of a positive future. Our work is to love, guide and care for them as they gain the knowledge, insight and wisdom to lead happy, healthy and enriched lives.
We aspire toward a world where all children grow up in loving, harmonious and peaceful environments. Where people of all ages, races, nationalities and cultures can reach their full potential within a healthy society and sustainable planet.
We envision a global community that embraces a culture of care, compassion and peace.
OUR MISSION & PURPOSE
Our purpose is to walk beside boys and their families as they transform ‘reactive spirals’ into ‘resilient solutions’ and new stories of love and hope.
Our purpose is to encourage them to recognize their authenticity, true power and great potential.
Our intention is to guide them to discover and develop the knowledge and skills to strengthen themselves, overcome adversities to life’s challenges, and cultivate bold solutions to learn, lead and live well.
Our objectives are to:
- Assist youth and families to live peaceful, harmonious and enriched lives
- Raise awareness of boys’ learning and behavioral needs
- Provide strategies and tools for schools, teachers, parents, caregivers and support agencies to encourage educational innovation, family harmony and community peace
- Disseminate support programs and information that create a positive impact on young people’s lives
- Publish quality books, tools and media information
- Make our research about advancements in life skills and new forms of learning and education available to other interested parties
OUR BELIEFS & VALUES
- We believe in the resilience of the human spirit—the positive capacity of people of all ages to adapt and create new solutions for the pressing issues facing families everywhere
- We believe that peace emerges from a wellspring of connection and from coherent hearts and minds. Cultivating a global culture of care, harmony and peace is the next great leap in personal and human evolution. Lasting change that begins within is what will help sustain us, our planet and future generations.
- We believe that a vast number of people are working for a better future. We are a world of nested communities. Our work takes its place alongside countless organizations supporting communities to flourish.
- We believe we are at a threshold in human existence. In these early years of our 21st century, we are facing a paradigm shift in humankind. We are learning how to lift our own awareness, to live with each other in simpler, more cooperative, kind and generous ways, and to live within the limitations of our planet, always respecting and replenishing Earth’s resources.
- We believe that every child contains a divine spark. We value the knowledge, wisdom, power and potential that resonate in all children.
- We believe that ‘transformational learning’ (transformative, inquiry-based, higher-mind learning) is the best and most sustainable way for people, young and old, to step into new ideas and actions for how we change, grow and thrive.
- We believe our young men and women hold the seeds of a positive future. Through cultivating their knowledge, energy and wisdom, they can guide us toward a higher level of human consciousness, a balanced society and a sustainable planet.
The work of the Winder Foundation is dedicated to
John Hendrickson (1955-1993).